For the Chiang Mai facility in Thailand, we are looking for a Mechanical and Design Engineer with very good understanding of the Thai culture and language.
Mechanical and Design Engineer
Is design, engineering and innovation your passion, and is it in your DNA to continuously try to find better and smarter solutions for technical challenges? Do you like to design products in which all types of technical principles meet? If this applies to you, plus you are fluent in modern 3D CAD software such as SolidWorks, you might be the person we are looking for.
Plymovent protects workers and the environment from hazardous vehicle exhaust and industrial fumes. Clean air is precious to us – and has been for more than 40 years. We take pride in designing and producing superior air filtration products that contribute to cleaner, safer and healthier workplaces for employees around the world. Plymovent is represented worldwide. Our production locations are based in Chiang Mai, Alkmaar (The Netherlands) and Cranbury NJ (USA). We have sales offices in Canada, France, Germany, The Netherlands and the United States. The rest of the world is covered by a dedicated network of distributors. You will be part of our international R&D team in Chiang Mai.
- Create new product design and drawings either from existing physical products or new parts.
- Review engineering change orders and update drawings as necessary.
- Coordinates change management tasks with involved departments.
- Coordinates with purchasing for special materials.
- Reproduces prints and complies print packages for individual orders.
- Technical assistance for first article approval process.
- Engineering bachelor degree required and a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience within manufacturing. Sheet metal fabrication experience is a plus.
- Communication skills in Thai and English language, able to work independently.
- Very good understanding of the Asian culture.
- Self-motivated individual and you must be able to effectively manage your own work planning.
- Excellent follow-up skills with other involved departments to achieve project milestones.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and to multi-task on multiple projects.
- Able to read blueprints, understand engineering documents and work closely with members of the engineering, operations and purchasing team.
- Efficient with Microsoft desktop applications and experience in computer-aided drafting and design with SolidWorks.
- Strong understanding of Manufacturing Process Flows. Understanding of design for all manufacture principals and Bill of Material generation.
If you are interested, please click here to apply.