We are looking for a full time:
TECHNICAL SUPPORT / PROJECT ENGINEER
Summary of Position in Organization
This role will be responsible for supporting all Plymovent customers both internal and external on all technical and
product related inquiries. This position is also responsible for assisting Plymovent sales for new and existing business
including system design and solution development, capital project coordination, capital project management and
product training including webinars and on‐site training programs. This position will work closely with all sales
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Provide technical troubleshooting support and assistance on existing and new systems to internal and external customers through answering any/all questions related to the installation, operations, performance, and maintenance of Plymovent equipment and systems.
- Develop, modify and conduct technical product training programs, support material and computer and visual presentation programs and presentations to employees, new and existing customers and service and maintenance personnel.
- Manage assigned projects including but not limited to on‐site installation and pre & post commissioning and system training activities throughout North America.
- Work closely with mechanical and electrical contractors, local AHJ and regional contractors to ensure Plymovent equipment.
- Provide technical feedback from the field to enhance product manuals, PDS and BRO literature.
- Attend tradeshows and sales events for technical support when required.
- Create and maintain the Industrial product specification requirements for the plan and specification market.(CSI format).
- Maintain and update the International Mechanical Codes and State Codes.
- Manage Assigned Projects within the Engineered/Technical Sales Support Group.
- Ability to travel to customer sites for capital system installation projects to review mechanical and electrical installation metrics including system development and design, mechanical drawing development and quotation support.
- Ability to discuss and comprehend industrial ventilation techniques, airflow requirements, professional standards and governmental regulations.
- Work on special projects as assigned by Unit Manager
- Travel of 25‐40 % when required.
Minimum Professional Requirements
- Computer literate with Technical troubleshooting experience.
- Previous industrial air handling/filtration experience and understanding of HVAC principles is strongly desired;
- Familiarity with ability with engineering specifications and apply appropriate products and solutions that meet the mechanical/electrical specification criteria
- Able to comprehend electrical schematics for circuit troubleshooting
- Experience with programming and troubleshooting Variable Frequency Drives a plus
- Experience with ladder logic and PLC troubleshooting a plus
- Ability to process figures and create and maintain clear and adequate records.
- Experience with Gantt and project management software such as MS Project.
- Experience managing capital projects from design through customer sign‐off
- Experienced with using electronic drafting software, such as AutoCAD, Solidworks, or Draftsight.
- Proficient in Microsoft products such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
Education and Skills Requirements
- 2‐5 years experience with HVAC and Industrial ventilation equipment.
- Associates Degree (2 yrs) in Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent Technical discipline.
- Mechanical/Electrical licensing or certification is a plus
- ACGIH Industrial Ventilation course certification recommended.
- Ability to read, change and create 2‐D ventilation system drawings in an electronic drafting format, ability to handle multiple projects with tight deadlines and to shift priorities in a fast‐paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be willing to travel throughout North America
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform as a team member
- Ability to handle a continually changing environment and priorities
- Superior troubleshooting and problem‐solving skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks and projects.
- Customer satisfaction will be a significant portion of employees performance rating.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.