The DraftMax for heavy-duty applications is a backdraft and downdraft table for intensive usage
- Occasional to daily heavy-duty usage
- Professional welders
- Stainless steel welding with HEPA filter
The DraftMax Ultra is a workbench that provides extraction and filtration for welding and grinding applications. The DraftMax Ultra features a work grid, a three-stage pre filtration system for optimum spark arresting and two self-cleaning main filter cartridges. Both pre and main filters have dust drawers underneath. The filter cleaning system starts when the pressure drop reaches a certain maximum value during use (online cleaning). The filter cartridges are individually cleaned from the inside by compressed airshots. An integrated buzzer indicates when the filter cartridges need to be replaced.
Backdraft kit and Side panels
By the use of a backdraft kit, the downdraft extraction capacity is reduced to approximately 20%. The remaining 80% is extracted through the backdraft panel. It consists of narrowing plates that need to be mounted underneath the work grid and a backdraft panel with vertical lamellas. The backdraft kit is compulsory for all welding applications and recommended for grinding applications. Side panels improve the extraction effectiveness by reducing the influences of draught. They also prevent tools, metal and other parts to fall off the downdraft table. The side panels consist of hinged trapezium-shaped sheet metal plates and have to be used in combination with the backdraft kit. They are to be mounted on the sides of the downdraft table.
The integrated spark arrester prevents sparks from reaching the filter cartridges. The spark arrester is placed underneath the working surface of the downdraft table to ensure a safe workplace.
The HEPA kit consists of a filter housing with a HEPA filter to be mounted on the outlet of the downdraft table. It concerns a final filter, especially suitable for chrom VI welding processes. It is supplied with two adjusting feet. The HEPA filter makes this product in compliance with the W-3 certification.
Maintenance can be carried out from the front of the downdraft table. This makes it easy to replace filters and to empty the dust trays. Filtration takes place through two oval filter cartridges with a total filter surface of 560 ft2 (52 m2). The filter cartridges cover a large filter surface, resulting in a long filter lifespan. This means even less maintenance and reduces all-over operational costs.
Step up your grinding and welding game with one of these options
- DraftMax Ultra for heavy-duty applications
Automatic self-cleaning filter, Suitable for daily, heavy duty welding and grinding applications at professional workshops. Recommended when welding is your main usage.
- DraftMax Ultra HEPA for heavy-duty applications
W-3 compliant ✔, For stainless steel welding, Automatic self-cleaning filter, Suitable for daily, heavy duty welding and grinding applications at professional workshops. Recommended when welding is your main usage.
Doesn't fit your needs? Take a look at these options!
- DraftMax for light applications
Suitable for light applications like grinding, cutting and TIG welding. This is our economic downdraft table.
- DraftMax for plasma cutting
Contains a plasma cutting work grid required for plasma cutting applications.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Our experts will be pleased to help you find a solution for your unique situation! Click here to get in touch with them.
Physical dimensions and properties
Scope of supply
DraftMax Basic/Ultra Manual EN
DraftMax Basic Product Data Sheet EN
DraftMax Ultra Product Data Sheet EN
DraftMax HEPA Kit Product Data Sheet EN
Draftmax Backdraft kit Product Data Sheet EN
DraftMax Side panels Product Data Sheet EN
The DraftMax for heavy-duty applications is in accordance with the following directives:
- Machine Directive 2006/42 EC
- EMC 2014/30 EU
- LVD 2014/35 EU
- ErP Directive 2009/125 EC
- EN-ISO 21904-2:2020 (W3)