The SCS is a self-cleaning central filter system used to remove fumes of welding, cutting and grinding processes
- Medium to medium-heavy applications like professional manual welding or intermittent semi-automatic and robotic welding
- Heavy welding applications with semi-automatic and robotic welding in multiple shifts or 24/7
The SCS unit is an all-round central filter system. It is developed to remove dry fumes of welding, cutting and grinding processes in the metalworking industry.
- Long filter life
- Adaptable to workplace situations with various inlet and outlet options
- Compact design
- Self-cleaning RoboCleanPlus system; maintenance-friendly
- Requires minimal floor space
- Low energy consumption, saves energy
SCS in welding fume extraction systems
- The SCS filter system is fairly easy to install. The eight air inlet positions and two air outlet positions make the unit very flexible. As the compact SCS filter system requires little floor space, the unit can be used in various settings.
- Source extraction by means of extraction arms
- Isolated work area by means of an extraction hood
- General filtration system* to control the background concentration of welding fumes
The SCS filter system is fitted as standard with RoboCleanPlus. This self-cleaning system cleans the filter cartridge automatically, section wise, through shots of compressed air. Dust and particles fall into the 100L waste container underneath. Besides the user-friendly part, the self-cleaning system also increases the lifespan of the filter cartridge as dust and metal particles are being constantly removed from the filter surface, reducing maintenance and replacement costs.
The SCS filter system features a vertically placed filter cartridge. Although the 150 m2 filter surface is large, the SCS unit is small in volume, occupying little floor space.
Using a SCS unit in your welding fume extraction system saves energy if recirculation is allowed (depending on local regulations). Recirculation reduces the need for ventilation with outside air. Expensively heated or cooled air stays within the workshop, reducing both general and technical costs and the impact of operations on the environment.
Two versions of filter controls
The SCS will be available with the new filter controls of Plymovent; the ControlGo and the ControlPro.
The SCS GO has integrated control unit the ControlGo. The ControlGo is built on the same platform as the ControlPro, offering the same performance, but with preset configurations for the user with basic needs. The SCS GO uses push buttons and indicator lights for simple interaction and meets the basic needs of any user.
The SCS PRO is fitted with the ControlPro. This version has a control with an intuitive touchscreen interface that shows at a glance how the system is performing, what the system is doing now, will do next and how to keep it in shape. An extensive and very accessible menu allows full adaptability in an easy way. ControlPro uses ethernet communication for a wide variety of connectivity options. ControlPro is the control that meets the full needs of the professional user: Simple, Insight, Connected.
If your filters are steered by ControlPro control systems, Plymovent gives the option to extend it with ControlPro Connect. This is an advanced web portal that gives you the power to monitor, manage and control any number of filters at a glance from your PC, tablet or smartphone.
* If the SCS unit is used to control the background concentration of welding fumes in a workshop (as part of a general filtration system), welders need to use personal protection during their welding activities, such as overpressure helmets.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Our experts will be pleased to help you find a solution for your unique situation! Click here to get in touch with them.
Physical dimensions and properties
RoboCleanPlus filter cleaning system
• relative humidity max. 75%
Options and accessories
Scope of supply
ControlGo Product Data Sheet EN
ControlPro Product Data Sheet EN
SCS Manual EN
SCS Brochure EN
ControlPro Connect Manual EN
SCS Control Brochure EN
SCS CE Declaration EN
The SCS is in accordance with the following directives:
- Machine Directive 2006/42 EC
- EMC 2014/30 EU
- LVD 2014/35 EU
- ErP Directive 2009/125 EC
- EN-ISO 21904-2:2020 (W3)
- Directive 2011/65/EC (RoHS)
Directive 2011/65/EC (RoHS) valid as of 8 June 2011