The Crab Return System returns the hose and nozzle automatically
Moving cars and trucks in workshops, service facilities, governmental inspection environments and fire stations, emit hazardous fumes into the workshop air. The Crab Return System (CRS) can serve as a core component in the Plymovent exhaust removal system, as it helps extract these hazardous fumes from the source, and then safely returns the hose and nozzle back to the starting position automatically.
- Moving cars and trucks in workshops (e.g. garages, service facilities, governmental inspection environments and fire stations).
- Easily retrofitted on existing Plymovent STR Internal Crab systems as well as External Crab systems.
- Easy installation: CRS is delivered in an easy to install package.
- Providing excellent protection against hazardous exhaust gasses.
- The CRS cable sets are available in 3 sizes: 10, 20 and 30 meters (33, 66 and 99 ft).
- Reduces hose lengths: CRS enables the nozzle to move efficiently along with the vehicle reducing the amount of hose needed.
- Fosters productivity: As soon as the vehicle enters the facility, an operator can hook up the hose to the exhaust tailpipe once, for more efficient labour time.
Safety and efficiency on site
The Plymovent Crab Return System improves both worker safety and efficiency. How? By conveniently returning the exhaust extraction hose and nozzle to the precise start position for operators as a vehicle enters the facility. This eliminates the need for an operator to walk through a facility to retrieve it, encouraging the proper usage of the Plymovent vehicle exhaust extraction system and fostering greater productivity.
Because the nozzle is following the movements of the vehicle, the CRS minimises the amount of hose hanging in a facility compared to traditional vehicle exhaust extraction systems. As a result, less obstructions improve the visibility of the operator.
How CRS works
Attach one of the extraction nozzles to the vehicle’s exhaust tailpipe. As the vehicle moves through the facility, the CRS enables the hose to move along with it. When the vehicle exits the facility, the nozzle can be detached manually by the user or automatically. The CRS returns the nozzle and hose to the original starting position by the operator via a remote control, or automatically via a sensor.
Easy installation and existing system retrofitted
If you already have a Straight Rail System (STR) in use, the CRS can easily be installed upon your STR system and will fit either the internal crab system (IC) or the external crab (EC) system.
The unit contains a basic manual remote-control start set. It is possible to add more remote controls to the system to create a maximum ease of use out of your Crab Return System.
Another option to return the nozzle is the automatic sensor return trigger to engage the CRS, in conjunction with the well-known Pneumatic or Magnetic Grabbers® of Plymovent.
The Crab Return System includes an emergency override allowing the operator to stop the system at any time.
This return system needs a partner in crime!
The Crab Return System can be attached to a combination of the following products:
Ergonomic handle for safe operation
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Our experts will be pleased to help you find a solution for your unique situation! Click here to get in touch with them.